Fundamental Science and Society was the most relevant event we hosted during 2016. Organised under the high patronages of François Hollande, President of France and Tran Dai Quang, President of Vietnam, the conference was sponsored by UNESCO and co-held by Vietnam Ministry of Science and Technology, Binh Dinh Province People’s Committee, the Rencontres du Vietnam, the European Organization for Nuclear Research (CERN), and International Solvay Institute.
Keynote speakers at the conference “Fundamental Science and Society” at the ICISE conference center
200 participants attended the conference “Fundamental Science and Society” on 7th and 8th of July 2016 at the ICISE conference center. Famous scientists and Nobel laureates had their keynote speech, such as:
- David Gross, Nobel laureate in Physics, 2004
- Yu Lu, Tate Medal in 2007, The Chinese Academy of Science
- Kurt Wüthrich, Nobel laureate in Chemistry 2002
- Ngô Bao Châu, Field Medal in 2010, Chicago
- Finn Kydland, Nobel laureate in Economy 2004
- Jean Jouzel, vice president of GIEC, Peace Nobel laureate 2007
- Jerome Friedman, Nobel laureate in Physics 1990, MIT
- Koji Omi, Founder and Chairman, Science and Technology in Society forum (STS forum)
- Jean Marie Solvay, President of the International Solvay Institutes and Administrator of Solvay Group, Brussels
- Frederick Bordry, Director for Accelerators and Technology of CERN
- Jean François Bach, Perpetual secretary of the French Academy of Sciences
The “Fundamental science and society” was not only a pure scientific conference but also a place of debate to jointly make clear and understand what the fundamental science brings to social life.
Keep updated about upcoming conferences at the ICISE conference center
More information about upcoming conferences is available on the Events section.